Monday, September 29, 2008

Starters

Hi to all,
I've lived all of my life, except for almost 12 months in India, in Adelaide. I am married to Anne and we have four children (2 in Adelaide, 1 in Pt Lincoln and 1 in Kentucky, USA), all married, and six and a half grand-children.
I was ordained as a Baptist pastor in 1984, and continued pastoring at Parkside Baptist church for the next 16 years. The last 8+ years I have been working with the SA Baptist Union, in varying roles, pastor to the pastors, teaching and overseeing pastoral training, and facilitating learning and development.

In this class I am very interested to explore ways of encouraging engagement with the text of Scripture, with sensitivity to and understanding of the cultural dynamics in which this engagement occurs. I love to see people encountering and wrestling with the whole Biblical story, the "whole counsel of God" (Acts 20:27), and thus being equipped to live life to the full. I hope that by the end of this class experience, I will be further equipped myself in helping others in this regard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations Russell. appreciating your contribution in class,

steve taylor